Wednesday, January 12, 2011

+Shoes -Food

Last weekend was the first weekend since August that we didn't have something going on... seriously.

*Our fall was INSANE: Went to Denver, threw a shower for Hallie and Chase, Nick moved in and we had a garage sale, took my mom to the US Open, tried my hand at cooking, traveled all over the world for work and went to lots of OU football games and saw Carrie Underwood and Miranda Lambert and Ely Young Band, went to California for the Bartell/Zinke union, went to more OU football games, touched up the house, celebrated Thanksgiving with the Zumwalts, spruced up the kitchen, and went to the Big 12 Championship.  After that, we celebrated 4 Christmases and went to Crested Butte for New Years Eve (Thanks for blogging, Tine!).*

Since I couldn't fill my Saturday with food, I decided I would fill it with shopping!  First thing on the list:  new work kicks.  Last year, I bought a pair of black shoes and a pair of brown shoes for work.  Here they are now:

Yikes...  I was looking for a new pair of black pumps and a pair of brown heels.  I budgeted $100 for each pair.  The first place I stopped at Woodland Hills was Nine West... and they happened to be having a GINORMOUS sale.

Success.

Here, I found one pair that I needed....

Annnnnnnnnnd two that I didn't...

All three pairs for $135!  Can't beat that, right?!

I didn't find any brown ones that I liked at the mall, so that is still on my list.  Also on my list are some black boots.  I know, I know... I just bought a pair, right?!  But I need some tall ones too.  Any ideas?

Last on my list was a new pair of slippers.  I feel like I go through about three pair a year.  I just don't like walking around on my hard floors with nothing on, so I live in them at home!  Brookstone is where it's at!


Pretty successful day at the mall if you ask me!  Any other pairs that I must have??

1 comment:

Christine said...

haha! You were rough on those heels last year! I need some new slippers, maybe I should check those out... hmmm.