Monday, January 24, 2011

Italian Pot Pies

I've never been one for chicken pot pie, but when I saw Martha's recipe for Italian Pot Pie, I knew I had to try it.  I think Nick loves me a little more after these.

Italian Pot Pies
Ingredients

  
Preheat oven to 450.
Cook carrots and onions in oil until soft.


Add in meat and brown.  Then, add tomato sauce, bring to a boil, and simmer for 6-8 minutes.

Meanwhile, mix dry ingredients, rosemary, and Parmesan in a bowl.  
 
Make a well in the center and add melted butter and milk. 

Mix just until it turns into dough.

Fill ramekins (or these cheap foil substitutes) with meat mixture (I should have filled 4 of these all the way to the top rather than filling 5 of them only 3/4 full). 

Top with dough (again, if I would have only filled 4 of these, I would have had enough dough to cover them completely... which is how they are supposed to be made).

Throw in the oven for 12 minutes.
YUMMM...

Lastly, admire your handy work as bf enjoys immensely.

Once again, not the picture of health, but they make up for it in simplicity.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Yummy!! This reminds me of the chicken one I made not too long ago, but I copped out and just made bisquick biscuits to top it off.