Friday, January 28, 2011

Social Leap Number Four (square)

It is official: my work life revolves around social media.  Currently, the most exciting parts of my job are managing a mobile app for iPhone, Blackberry, and WinMo, exploring the great abyss that is the Twitter universe, always seeking ways to improve our Facebook campaign, and (my favorite) reading blogs for hours on end to learn more about what is new and current as far as reaching prospects.

Today, I found this little gem about Foursquare.  I can't believe the growth Foursquare has seen in the last year!  Even more than that, I was completely infatuated with the creativity they used in measuring the number and uniqueness of check ins (more specifically, the number of people named Wendy that checked in at Wendy's this year, as explained the the before mentioned post).

Recently, I've decided that, in order to better understand the world of social media (that I'm convinced no one will ever fully understand) for professional reasons, I should dive in headfirst personally also.  So, as of today, I've added Foursquare to the list of social media sites I use to connect with people I have absolutely no real connection with.  (It joins Facebook, Twitter, and this blog.)  Why not, right!?  After all, it is in the name of professional development.  Reviews Measure of obsession coming soon

Next on the list? LinkedIn.  Thoughts on either?

No comments: