Wednesday, January 5, 2011

4 Christmases

Nick and I had 4 Christmases this year!  Here is the tree at our house before we took all the presents to Norman, Sapulpa, and 51st and Lewis.





The first, and the most crimson, Christmas celebration was in Norman at Grandma and Grampa DeBolt's on Christmas Eve!


Nick played Santa.

Grampa got a new robe!

Lisa, Elizabeth, and Grandma opening.

Almost all finished!

Some of the loot.  Can you tell who this family roots for?

Grampa got a sweatshirt, sweat pants and a robe (not pictured).  I got a pink OU hoodie...

 I got this gorgeous shawl!  I hope it is cold enough for me to wear it to at least one game next year.

The gnomies.  One lives on the mantle, and the other lives in the OU Christmas tree at our house!

Funny little guy...

To Nick.  From Switzer and Marcus Dupree.  He's got quite a little collection going.  These were great additions!

Grampa's new coffee mug.

Tie for Nick

Grandma got a new vacuum!

Clearly a success.
To end the night, we watched TU beat up on Hawaii. Then, Nick, Lisa, and I went to Midnight Mass.  It felt so good!  I hope it becomes a Christmas tradition.  :)

The next day, we went to Aunt Kristin's for an early Christmas dinner and gift opening.  Unfortunately, I was too concerned with the food to get out my camera and take some pics.  Here is the one piece of evidence I have that we were there.

Every year, Aunt Gretchen gets me another piece of this adorable reindeer dinnerware!  This year, I got mugs and enjoyed a nice hot cup of tea on Christmas night.  Thanks, Auntie!
I also got some great cooking supplies and cookbooks from Aunt Kristin!  Each of my aunts got little Coach treats, and my dad got a ball signed by Barry Switzer.  Oma and Opa were generous with gift cards and checks!  They know the way to our hearts.  :) Good times!

After dinner with the Zumwalt's we headed to 51st and Lewis to visit the Still's, open MORE gifts, and drink some wine.

They had opened gifts earlier in the day, but there were a few left!

Mike opening his gift from us.

A Comfy Throw!  (That's a classy Snuggie.)

Aaron and Audrey were OVERJOYED with their Barnes and Noble gift cards.  (Nick immediately reminded Aaron that they have music and movies there.)

Mike in his new blanket and mom in her new gloves.

The first gift I opened was the platter I had left there a week earlier.  Thanks, mom!  Just what I wanted!  :)



An OU Christmas decoration that we didn't have!

New kitchen stuff!  These are the coolest measuring cups.  They magnetize together at the top!

Gracie's gift

Their cat enjoyed all of our unwrapping.

And then, I accidentally left my camera over there...





Oh siblings... Anyway, next we headed home to see what Santa had left!

(Cross got his gift about a week earlier.)  Yes. That IS a camo Snuggie.

Gracie got to open her stocking first, of course.

"Ew, mom.  Look at the old bone.  I sure do need a new one."

 "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!"

Annnnnnnnd she's off to hide her bone for the next three hours.

Santa filled my stocking with good stuff!

And Nick's!

He brought us a new game too!

Note: Sooneropoly (or any -opoly for that matter) is not fun with two people.

Nick got me some new stuff for the kitchen also, but the best gift under that tree proved to be the shoe chains he got me for our trip to CB!  Everything is snow packed, and I had quite a fall last year.  NO MORE!  Thanks, baby!

Ahhh what a day!  We are blessed to have such great families!  I couldn't resist a little post-Christmas shopping though.

Item #1: The Keurig!  I was wishing for one of these, but Santa knew that it would be on sale after Christmas.  So instead, he got me lots of "I am not a paper cup"s to go with it, and we went and picked it up on the 26th.

Pottery Barn had some of my reindeer dishes on sale!

Nick was introduced to Margo's after Christmas sale.  I wonder if I can get him to go again next year...?


Ornament storage... Thanks, Target!

And wrapping paper!  YAY!

I'm exhausted just thinking about all the fun we had!  I can't wait for next Christmas!

No comments: