Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Encheeeese!

I haven't had time to cook much due to my busy time of year, and I'm so glad to be able to eat in now!  (I was getting pretty sick of Whataburger.)  I loooooove me some Mexican food!  Last night, I decided it was time to try my hand at enchiladas!  Note: There is NOTHING healthy about these.  :)

First, in a skillet, heat butter, onion, and green chilis.  Then, add in cream cheese and grated cheese.

Then, mix in the chicken.  (I cooked 4 chicken breasts  and 1 can of rotel in a  crockpot for 5 hours on high.  It was PERFECT and shredded very easily.)

Put several table spoons of filling in a tortilla (I used flour, but corn would be crunchier), and roll them up!  Place in 9x13 baking dish.

It filled the pan, and I had an 8x8 baking dish leftover to freeze!

Cover in sauce (1 can enchee sauce, 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream) and shredded cheese.  Pop in the oven (350 degrees; 20 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered) and enjoy!
 

I paired them with refried beans (YUM) and chips and guac (of course!).


Dad came over.  We enjoyed our Mexican feast and watched 30 for 30 on Marcus Dupree!  
 
All in all, it was a good evening and a great dinner!  The encheese are very tasty, but they are pretty heavy.  Can't eat them every day, but they make for a good treat!

No comments: