Thursday, December 2, 2010

Kitchen Spruce Up

Now that I'm actually spending time in my kitchen, I thought it was time to make it an enjoyable space.  What would REALLY make it enjoyable is a new range, oven, and ventilation system, but I suppose this things will have to do for now.

The Recipe Book

Since I bought my first house in Norman in 2005, I've been collecting recipes from magazines and family members.  I didn't have any kind of organization system, so I decided it was time to get things in order.  What a mess!

First, I separated the recipes into appetizers, salads, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, snacks, and cocktails.



Then, I found some cutie dividers and a paint pen for labeling.

Then, I typed and printed EVERY RECIPE!

Finally, I decided on a suitable cover for the recipe binder.  I can't wait to add to it!

There's no real explanation for the next "spruce up"... other than I went to Anthropology one day.

Cutie Kitchen Pulls

 I think this one is my favorite... and Nick's least favorite.


So about those new appliances...

No comments: