Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy birthday, Opa!

Today, my Opa is 80 years young!  While this is a huge milestone for most people, his activities haven't changed much since he was about 60.  Still works like a dog (today, he is in OKC working at the medical board...while being on call for two nursing homes in Sapulpa), plays like a 25 year old, and takes care of his family.  Even though he can't hear very well and he feeds Gracie from the table, I'm sure glad I have his genes!  Happy birthday, Opa!  You are seriously the best grampa around.

Christmas a few years back with the whole fam
 At my OU graduation
 At my 23rd surprise birthday party.  This is Opa's favorite picture face
 In Seattle.  He's not actually touching that wall
 On the Alaskan Cruise
 At Glacier Bay
 At my TU graduation.  He was much prouder than he looks in this picture
 In Juno
 At Nick's PA White Coat Ceremony
 
Crested Butte in January, 2011


Crested Butte in February 2011

2 comments:

BMars said...

Opa looks happiest with Nick.

Christine said...

Opa is a badass! I just watched that video! He could be a 20 year old and you'd never know the difference! crazy!