Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Like Butta

I've learned a lot about life from my grandmothers, such as: 1) There is no pie crust in the world better than Pillsbury from the freezer section; 2) How to tell a fake Louie from a real one; 3) "If you want it, get it.  We'll figure out a way to pay for it later"; 4) Vintage and retro are two very different things; and, perhaps the most used bit of information, 5) If it wasn't made with real butter, it ain't worth eating.

My Granny Jane is convinced that margarine is the root of all long-term health problems.  She always tells the story about her first tub of margarine as a girl:  a tub of white cream with a bead of yellow color in the middle that you had to pop and kneed in.  YUCK!  Butter may be fatty, but at least it is real!


My dilemma:  butter doesn't spread easy, and I use it every day.  Nick prefers margarine because it is always soft and spreadable, but I don't believe in it!  So...
Can I leave butter in a butter dish out on the counter?

2 comments:

ChasingHallie said...

Growing up my Grams always had the butter in a dish out on the counter for that exact reason.

Anonymous said...

Check out La Donna's Fancy Foods "Butter Bells"... you keep them on the counter with REAL butter, and they keep for MUCH longer than simply leaving it out alone. You'll LOVE it. Comes in Crimson even :)