Friday, July 30, 2010

QT Heaven

I pass 2 newly remodeled, clean, organized QuikTrips on my way to work every morning.  I stop at 21st and Harvard to pick up my little bit of caffeine... a 49 cent 32 ounce iced tea. But yesterday, I started my morning off differently.  I had a meeting downtown, and upon arrival, I realized that I had forgot my tea!  It was clear that I wouldn't be able to keep my head off the table all morning without it.  I hurried down to the 15th and Denver location... and that was when my morning routine changed forever.

First, I was pleasantly surprised to see the exterior face lift!  You go, QT, I thought.

Imagine my surprise when I approached the Wall 'O Slushy, as I now like to call it.  There were at least 15 flavors!  Reminds me of the QTs of yesterday...

On my right, I was greeted by the coffee shop girl offering to make me a latte.  Not my morning drink, as I've already mentioned, but I was amazed by the drink and food selection!

And then... across the store... I saw it.
A whole iced tea section!

After standing there in disbelief for at least 2 minutes trying to figure out my next move, I made a decision.
Where it's AT!

Aaaaahhhhh....  Everyone's day was a little better after I'd finished this bad boy.

If you know me, you know I've always been a huge QT supporter.  They didn't need all of these new amenities to keep me coming back... but maybe that is why I'm such a fan!  As I approached the register to pay, I told one of the clerks that every day I drove past two QTs on my way to work, but from now on, I was going to wake up 15 minutes early, drive right past those perfectly satisfying QTs, and spend an extra 5 in traffic... just so I could have that iced tea.  This morning, it was like Christmas when I realized why I had set my alarm for 15 minutes earlier!  It's the little things in life...

No comments: