Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer vaycay

Welp, summer vacation is over.  :(  And the worst part?  I took like, NO good pictures!  Idiot...  I'll have to give you the run down... using mostly boring words.

Taryn and Matt came in from Houston for Memorial Day weekend!  We celebrated at the lake on Friday and Saturday.
I made sure we had PLENTY of lake dip.

 Broke in the new ski.  It took me three tries to get up.  At first, I thought it might be defective.

The wind forced us to the pool on Sunday.  We still had a good time.  Then, early Monday, Nick and I headed to VEGAS! (Nick had a PA conference, and I just went to play Black Jack.)

Conclusions made after our 6 day stay in Vegas:
  • 6 days is too long to be in Vegas
  • I should always drink beer in Vegas, especially if I plan to sit at a table for 6 hours straight.
(...unless I am at my favorite Beatles-themed bar at the Mirage.)
 Planet Hollywood currently has a stripper theme.  Nice.



  • I much more entertained playing cards than I am going to a club
At Voodoo Lounge
  • The best gambling is downtown.

  • The Golden Nugget has the coolest pool EVER, complete with shark tank and Black Jack tables!

We had SUCH a great time.  The Anderson's had never been to Vegas, so we did lots of exploring and gambling.  While 6 days sure was exhausting, I'm already looking forward to the next trip out west!





Besides... my hair does SO much better in dry climates.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Yay!! Looks SO fun! And your hair looks amazing in that last pic! I want to go back to the Beatles Bar!!! Jealous!